Wednesday, November 11, 2009

upcoming trips update

The semester is winding down and my traveling is speeding up. Thursday-Sunday I am going to Brussels to see the European Union through the school's trip (more details on that soon) and I'm very excited! Then Sunday-Tuesday, a cousin of mine is coming to London for work, so I hope to meet up with him at some point. The following Friday my sister and I are flying to Ireland to see Dublin, Galway, and Shannon until Monday night. She's staying with me for the rest of that week, a little piece of home for Thanksgiving. On Saturday the 28th, she flies back to the states and I think I'm going on a day trip to Oxford and possibly also to Cadbury World (like Hershey's Park, yum!) The next weekend (December 4th-6th) I have made arrangements to participate in HostUK, a program that places students with a host family, in the Devon countryside. And that brings me to December 11th... my last weekend in London. My last Friday abroad. My last few days before it's back to the USA.

Even though I still have more than a month left, when I think about my time here in terms of weekends, I realize just how little there is. It's starting to feel bittersweet.