Monday, November 30, 2009

blog neglect

Yes, I realize I've gone missing. Where to? Oh, just Ireland, all of London with my sister, Thanksgiving, Christmas carnivals, day trips through England, etc. The weather here has finally gotten to that damp, dreary, typical London fog you always hear of. It's as if one day it just started to rain and I doubt it will stop before I leave. Stepping outside gives you a chill and it's dark very early now; it's getting dark right now and it isn't even 4 p.m.

With only about two weeks left in the semester, class work has started to accumulate and group projects, final papers, final exams, and class presentations are approaching their deadlines. Meanwhile, I'm trying to squeeze out every last bit of this London experience before I head back to the states. So while I've been jam packed with things worth blogging about, trying to fit everything in and still be a decent student has led me to neglect this little site.

I know I'll have time to write and reflect when I'm settled in at home this January, but I worry by then I will have forgotten the little details of all my adventures. A quick update for now then: today I got up early and took the train to Windsor to tour Windsor Castle, the Queen's home when she's not at Buckingham. The castle was the best I've ever seen! The rooms were done up beautifully and one friendly tour guide showed us where the Queen's bedroom is, her favorite living room, and even promised to tell her we say hello when he sees her December 14th (she's got a Christmas gift for him.) After the castle we walked through town and stopped for lunch in a nice, warm pub before going to Eton College, a boy's only school where royalty like Prince Henry and Prince William attend. Now I've got two group projects to work on, a paper to write, and an hour or so to spend at the gym before I'll call it a night. I love not having Monday classes, but I still kind of doubt I'll finish everything before this dreary weather gets the best of me and I wind up on the couch.