Tuesday, October 13, 2009

how's the weather?

I expected London to be rainy, gloomy and damp, and am happy to say I was wrong. The weather in Britain for the past seven weeks has been absolutely beautiful. Though not hot, the sun is normally shining and it's only rained a few days. It's brisk and breezy without being unbearably windy and cold.

This morning I woke up early to run in the park, and had to wear two long-sleeve shirts. I thought this was the beginning of the cold season. I contemplated dragging out my wool coat from under a pile of suitcases. By the time I took a shower, watched the news and ate breakfast, the sun was out again and a light sweater was all I needed.

Walking to class, I laughed knowing that last night my roommates in Syracuse had to turn on the heater, as the temperatures dropped to the low 30's. Seeing any sunshine in Syracuse becomes a a rarity around this time of year, making everything just a little bit gloomier. For me, today's forecast is 16 Celsius, around 60 Fahrenheit, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Anyone who thinks London has bad weather must have never lived in Syracuse.