Tuesday, August 25, 2009

packing, continued.

Preparing to leave for London is like trying to sprint a marathon. It's a million different things all at once. It's to-do lists, to-pack lists, to-remember lists that never end. It's five different notebooks of reminders. For two days, I've had the feeling you get when you drink too much coffee in a short period of time and then everything you do happens in rapid, uncoordinated movements. I buzz. There are things to buy, things to clean, and obviously things to pack. On top of this, there are also goodbyes to be said and precious leisure time to be had with people I won't see for months. 

With just a few days left to go before the big send-off, I'm finally starting to accomplish things. My bags are nearly packed and most my errands have been finished. Bit by bit, I'm crossing things off the list. My plane ticket came in, my visa had been issued, and my passport returned. If all else fails, come Monday morning I will still have the basic things I need to start this European excursion. That's good enough for me.